Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sugar cookies

Mmm cookies! I really don't have as many sweets as savories on this sight because my middle child is a sugar addict and I can't make them as much as I would like. He will not be settled until the sweets are completely gone and mostly in his tummy. So although we love them, we don't make them as much. These are one of my holiday time only cookies. It took me years and years to find a sugar cookie recipe that I like. It couldn't be too sweet since it would be decorated, but not too dry or floury, but it needed to taste good. I finally found one in food and wine that, I surprisingly enough, have only made one change to.


vanilla, salt, butter, sugar, flour, lemon zest, and an egg yolk

mix your flour and salt and process your sugar until super fine

cream sugar with butter then add egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon zest

add dry mix and pulse to just combine

wrap and refrigerate ~1hour

roll out using flour sparingly

cut your shapes

bake 10-12 minutes, until edges just start to brown

some with sprinkles for giving, some plain

have a party and decorate

Kids love to paint things!

No comments:

Post a Comment