Sunday, July 29, 2012

Potato salad

This is the potato salad I grew up with. We all love what we have known the longest. My grandmother makes this and I can eat other potato salad, especially a nice curried potato salad, but if I am making it. This is the recipe I invariably make.

potatoes, onions, mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper

boil your potatoes skin on, and then peel when cool and chop

finely chop your onions, I threw in some chives from our garden

make your dressing, 1 pt vinegar, 1pt sugar, 2pts mayo

then you layer it, potatoes, onions, then dressing

then repeat with a second layer (I am not sure why but it works better this way)

mix it all up with some salt and pepper

refrigerate overnight and then salt to taste

serve with some yummy grilled veggie dogs or for any bbq type occasion

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment