Friday, October 7, 2011

Roasted corn and chile salsa

Ack! I realize in going through all my retrieved pictures that I have all these summer produce posts to put up. I know the summer bounty is fading fast and they won't be as relevant (unless you live in socal). I had intended to document it as it came in. Bad computer. Bad. Now I will just have to put up way more posts in one week than I had ever imagined in case it helps. Or better yet, come back next summer and re-read them.

This is a super yummy super quick salsa. We had leftover corn from grilling and I had already purchased my half bushel of roasted chiles, so it came together quickly. You can always grill chiles and corn for this when you have a grill going.

grilled corn, roasted chiles, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, oil, salt, and an extra hot pepper

chop onions and tomatoes; mince chiles, cilantro, and pepper

scrape kernels off right into the mixing bowl

add ingredients to bowl and salt to taste, I ended up adding another chile

serve with yummy chips

Summer's sweet and spicy magic