Sunday, June 23, 2013

Strawberry vanilla jam

I know I have another recipe posted for strawberry jam and I was really just making that recipe until I decided to add some vanilla bean for extra flavor, then I forgot I added the vanilla bean and blended it into the jam, hence strawberry vanilla jam. It was a happy accident. The jam is delicious. But now I still need to make plain strawberry jam.

strawberries, sugar, vanilla, lemon

slice your strawberries in quarters

if you have green tips you won't need pectin, I try and use a pint of underripes

cut the vanilla bean

add lemon and sugar to the strawberries

stir well and drop in vanilla beans

simmer for an hour or so

blend well, with vanilla beans still in pot, and simmer down an inch

pour into sterile jars

and water process for your altitude


then enjoy all year

So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment