Monday, November 7, 2011

Salsa verde

Tomatillos and roasted chiles make the best salsa. I do also have to say that you really need to pretend that the yellow citric object in the first picture is a green citric object. I try really hard to always have limes on hand, but for some reason I didn't. I do not recommend making salsa with lemon unless you have no choice. It just doesn't taste the same.

tomatillos, citrus, onion, cilantro, serranos, roasted chiles, salt, and oil

have minions peel tomatillos

boil until just changing color and then drain - I find this lets the salsa stay fresh longer

chop onion, serrano, and cilantro

put everything in the same pot but the cilantro and onions and blend well

then add cilantro and onions and just pulse

season to taste and let rest at least an hour
Serve with corn chips, as a base for chilaquiles, on top of enchiladas, wherever green yumminess will be appreciated.