Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pumpkin carrot soup

I made this soup because I had a rather large pumpkin to cook (the last from our garden) and I accidentally froze a whole bag of carrots in our garage. It came out much better than I expected, so much better that it will be made again, soon.

cooked pumpkin, carrots, onions, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and spices

de-flesh your cooked pumpkin

cut your carrots and onions and saute in oil till onions are softened

add garlic, and spices (here cumin and garam masala) and cook till fragrant

then add pumpkin and salt

for a liquid I used a can of coconut cream

and a can of water, let simmer for a long while

then grate in some ginger

blend well and season more to taste (here pepper)

serve with some fresh cilantro and some crunchy toppings

It is really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment