Sunday, February 19, 2012

Frittata

Sometimes you just need a quick dinner and you haven't done any pre-planning. This is when I bust out the frittata. Now I have to confess, I really don't like eggs. They creep me out and I never buy fertile eggs, but my husband and my kids love them. This is one of the few ways I can actually eat them. The other is wrapped in a breakfast burrito hiding behind salsa and crispy potatoes. My method for frittatas, is to not cook them at all on the stove, I am pretty sure I read about this method in a Thomas Keller recipe. You use a cold cast iron and a hot oven and it works really well.


eggs, mushroom, spinach, salt, pepper, and oil

wilt the spinach

dice and slice the onions and mushrooms

saute them in a dry pan until the mushrooms brown

beat eggs with oil, and salt

then add spinach and mushroom/onion mix

pour into cold pans, top one with cheese for the kids

place into a hot oven until they just puff

let rest 10 minutes

then serve with siracha or ketchup

Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment