Sunday, September 8, 2013

CSA week 15 and 16

I think I will just double all of these since I am only posting once every two weeks anyway. We are moving and I have been packing slowly and getting all sorts of things related to moving set up. It hasn't left a lot of time for cooking other than opening a can of spaghetti-o's for the kids.

Week 15: zucchini, padron peppers, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, parsley, chard, squash blossoms, cantaloupe, heirloom tomatoes, and peaches

What I made: cantaloupe and cherry tomatoes right into bellies, zucchini/onion/garlic pasta, padrons I froze to use over the winter, peaches in belly, garlic in everything, sauteed chard, stuffed squash blossoms, heirloom and basil salad, and parsley accents to everything


Week 16: collards, carrots, beets, zebra tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, lemon cucumbers, red hot peppers, and peaches

What I made: carrots in tummies and szechuan pickles, cherry tomatoes in tummies, peaches canned for the winter, lemon cukes/zebra tomatoes/peppers/parsley (from last week) in tabbouleh, southern style chard, beets and potatoes for later

No comments:

Post a Comment