Thursday, April 28, 2011

Husbands

I love my husband but...
Classic opening right, there is a reason I do the cooking. My husband can read a recipe, but he can't interpret it. So anyways, my kids love this salad my eldest came up with. It is grape tomatoes, a can of stick 'em on your fingers black olives, and a bag of croutons. It's actually quite good. When they make it, it is just the three together. When I make it, I split the tomatoes, salt them, add a little tasting olive oil and a splash of red wine vinegar, then the olives and I let it rest a bit. I put on the croutons right before servings and more often than not I throw in a handful of arugula. The other night my son requested the salad, we had everything but croutons. I sent my husband to the store for croutons. This is what he came back with. I kid you not, he thought the word dressing was referring to salad dressing. God love him.


so yes, we had mashed potatoes, stuffing, mushroom gravy, and un-roast
for dinner the next night

No comments:

Post a Comment