Wednesday, June 22, 2011

CSA week 4

Today we had lots of choices. Everyone got turnips, scapes, and spinach. We chose sorrel over cilantro or tarragon, arugula over lettuce, and collards over red kale, regular kale, chard, or broccoli rabe. And since my eldest is so extroverted he made friends with the farmers at the visit the farm day so he was chatting them up again and they gave us an extra bag of pea shoots. How I have such an extroverted child is beyond me, but he will go far in life and I will do little to change him. I just sit back, watch, and enjoy.

greeeeeeen, green, green, green

What I made: Turnips chips with the turnips from last week also, the quick sorrel salad again, sauteed spinach with scapes (this is actaully my eldest's favorite combo), collards with turnip greens southern style, pea shoots in belly, arugula in veggie burgers, arugula and pea shoot salad, more pickled scapes - this time sun pickles

No comments:

Post a Comment