Monday, June 27, 2011

CSA week 5

Well my intros to these might be getting a little boring, so let's get down to brass tacks. It was a little light this week, probably because I picked collards again and the other options were much larger bunches, but I really can't resist collards. Damn you four years in the NC, you have made me love collards and hush puppies and vinegary hot sauce.

Okay so this week we all got spring garlic, braising greens, and snap peas, I chose oregano over cilantro, spinach over lettuce, and collards over kale, broccoli rabe, bok choy, or russian red kale. All in all a good haul, but again smaller than before. It must be the lull before the next set of ripe veggies (lookout zucchini, I know what to do with you).

my box is not as full this week

What I made: Spinach and spring garlic soup, snap peas in bellies, dried oregano for use in pasta, greens and collards are waiting till next week

No comments:

Post a Comment