Monday, October 3, 2011

CSA week 19

My CSA was a madhouse this week. I pick up at the local JCC and they had tons of apples for sale for Rosh Hashanah. Needless to say I bought some and made applesauce. Mmm. Okay the deets. Everyone got spinach, carrots, leeks, a bell pepper, and acorn squash. I chose broccoli rabe over something that I can't remember. We got pears and apples in our fruit share. I also starting trying to play with HDR and I forgot I had my camera on the 3 exposure setting and so my picture is really bad this week. I picked the +2 as it was the best of the three.

Green things again

What I made: Sauteed spinach with fresh garlic, sauteed broccoli rabe with fresh garlic, potato and leek gratin (with potatoes from before), roasted carrots, carmelized carrots (from last weeks carrots), applesauce, pears and apples in bellies, acorn squash soup, and the bell pepper will be for later.