Thursday, July 26, 2012

CSA week 10

I had all the kids with me again, so it was pick by committee, which is fun for them. Not as fun for me because they don't like to pick the crazy stuff. We got peaches for our fruit share. Middlest picked carrots over beets, I picked broccoli raab over turnips, baby girl picked chard over kale or basil. Everyone got onions, cucumber, zucchini, and purple potatoes.


What I made: Only three carrots made it out of the car and those were gone before bed. Peaches went straight into bellies before dusk (I think I need a double fruit share next year). I made sauteed broccoli raab with garlic, sauteed zucchini with onions, grilled zucchini, purple potato salad, veggie sloppy joes with chard and onions, sliced cucumber with vinegar, and pickled chard stems.

No comments:

Post a Comment