Tuesday, August 20, 2013

CSA week 13 and 14

I've been getting sloppy this year. I keep forgetting to post. I forgot to take a picture of week 14. I just put it all away, and I am not linking to the recipes that are on here. Bad webmama, bad! Anywho, I will just get on with it.

Week 13: fennel, cucumber, beets, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, beans, collards, onions, jalapenos, anaheims, and a watermelon that was dropped getting into the house.

What I made: cucumber fennel salad, watermelon and some tomatoes in tummies, collards with quinoa, green beans with onion/tomato/anaheim ragout, potatoes in breakfast burritos, jalapenos in adai batter/salsa/pickles, onions in everything, and vinegar roasted beets.


Week 14 (no picture): beets and carrots (if I have to chose between these I am basically choosing between baby girl and middlest as one loves carrots and one loves beets, so getting both was nice), potatoes, zucchini, roasted peppers, green beans, cantaloupe, onions, and eggplant.

What I made: carrots and cantaloupe in bellies, pickled beets, shaved zucchini salad, roasted pepper salsa, roasted pepper/squash blossom soup, onions in everything, blanched green beans, eggplant in sizchuan pickles, potatoes for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment