Monday, October 7, 2013

CSA week 19 and 20

So we bought a house and for the past month I have been packing, dealing with house buying legalities and all of that fun stuff. Hopefully after the next month of unpacking/fixing/painting/decorating I can back into my regular posting. I haven't been too creative with my recipes because of all the chaos, mostly chopping things up and frying them. Also, for some reason my pictures are blurry, I am guessing there are little minion fingerprints on the lens that I didn't clean off, since that happens often. This is our last CSA in our old house and our first CSA in the new house, as you can see by the difference in counters.

Week 19: Carrots, onions, zucchini, bok choy, braising mix, tomatoes, cauliflower, eggplant, frying peppers, basil, apples and pears



What I made: Sauteed zucchini and onions with pasta, apples/pears/carrots in bellies, roasted cauliflower with frying peppers, basil in pesto, bok choy with tofu, eggplant and tomatoes with pasta


Week 20: Parsley, bell peppers, salad mix, collards, beets, carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, apples, pears, and a pie pumpkin



What I made: Two pumpkin pies with pumpkin and spaghetti squash (from before), apples/pears/peppers in bellies, onions and garlic in everything, sauteed collards with onions, carrots in pickles, potatoes in enchiladas, salad mix in sandwiches, beets and parsley for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment