Tuesday, November 5, 2013

CSA week 21 and 22

These are the last two weeks of the regular CSA. This year we had a two week extended CSA, those I will post soon. Unfortunately both these pictures are blurry and I am not sure why. My theory has more to do with little fingerprints on my phone than anything else. That happens a lot.

Week 21: Beets, cauliflower, sunchokes, onions, garlic, broccoli rabe, red russian kale, arugula, butternut squash, and apples


What I made: apples in bellies, onions and garlic in everything, pickled beets, roasted cauliflower, sauteed broccoli rabe and sauteed kale, arugula in sandwiches, sunchokes in the compost (loathe sunchokes), butternut squash in pumpkin bread


Week 22: lacinato kale, potatoes, onions, spinach, parsley, bokchoy, garlic, butternut squash, jalapenos (bonus), apples, and pears


What I made: apples and pears in bellies, jalapenos in the freezer for winter use, bok choy with tofu and rice noodles, spinach spoon bread, sauteed kale, parsley and garlic in everything, potatoes/onions/butternut squash for storage

No comments:

Post a Comment