Saturday, November 23, 2013

CSA week 23 and 24

This post is almost a month after our last pickup. I am a little hazy on what I made, but I will try hard. We had a great year for the CSA. There is even going to be a winter CSA where we can pick what we want once a month. 

Week 23: kale, turnips, radish, rutabagas, bok choy, spinach, onions, potatoes, carrots, squash, apples and pears


What I made: apples/pears/carrots in bellies, onions in everything, kale salad, bok choy with tofu (the kids love it, I can't make anything else), turnip and mashed potatoes, mashed rutabaga (my fave), sauteed spinach, and acorn squash saved for thanksgiving


Week 24: carrots, daikon, spinach, arugula, turnips, potatoes, apples, pie pumpkin


What I made: carrots/apples in bellies, daikon in kimchi and radish cakes, home fried potatoes, arugula in salad and sandwiches, spinach and rice, turnips still in fridge, pumpkin and acorn squash saved for thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment